Monday 1 September 2014

Anything Goes Mondays #74

For those of you that have been following along my blog and Anything Goes Mondays might have noticed that today was supposed to be a host blog post.  On the 1st of each month we have a host for Anything Goes Mondays, and today it was supposed to be Jackie from NW Patchwork, but I was unable to get hold of her.  She's not been blogging since March of this year and she has not responded to my emails.  I sincerely hope all is well with her... but we will continue as before and today's linkup will resume as usual.

Anything Goes took a break for a few weeks, and during that time I made a few small changes in my sewing room.  I gave my sewing room and good and proper cleaning.  Dust is a big problem, especially this time of year.  So I cleaned out every little corner, and that was when I decided to move my fabrics from my fabric shelf to large drawers.

     

I am glad I decided to place the fabrics inside these large drawers, you will not believe how much sun damage my fabrics have because of it.... not to mention the dust.  It sure looked pretty on the shelf but it was NOT the best way to keep my fabrics clean and safe from damamge!

I don't have the most practical sewing room regarding storage and I have to make do with what I have, wall space is very limited so this tiny piece of wall space is all I have to personalize my room a bit. 




Now it's your turn to link up...

Rules:
1. Link up ANY recent blog posts, it can be one or more, but PLEASE do not share blog posts you might have linked up in the past.
2. Somewhere in your blog post, you must link back here to my blog, OR grab the 'anything goes' button for you sidebar.
3. Try to visit at least a few of the other blogs linked, the whole point of having a party is to connect, share and maybe get a few new followers...remember to leave a comment to let them know you stopped by!

P.S. Great news for those of you on Instagram! You can now link up your Instagram photos here on Anything Goes Mondays! Just click the blue "Add your link" button. In the dialogue box that comes up, under "Image source," click the Instagram icon at the bottom. InLinkz will ask your permission to access your Instagram account, then you can choose one of your IG photos to link up. You still need to link to a URL, but you can always link to the URL of your Instagram feed (for example, my feed's URL is http://instagram.com/marelizeries). If you link up an IG photo, please tag my Instagram feed (@marelizeries). Have FUN!!

stitch by stitch




    



* My posts delivered to you *

 photo rss_zps514fcff1.png    photo bloglovin_zpsb177e45f.png    photo mail_zps60f67007.png


 

15 comments:

Dawn said...

Love the drawers idea for material just need to redo my sewing room. I love seeing others rooms it gives me plenty of ideas, thanks

Chris Dodsley @made by ChrissieD said...

Great to have you back, your sewing room looks so cosy and inviting too - Chris :D

Carole @ Fresh off the Frame said...

Welcome back! Wow, you have great light from those windows!!! Your room is very inviting and looks so comfy.

Marly said...

Nice sewing space Marlize, and I think your fabric will befit from being in drawers: less dust and no light. The drawers are just the right depth too, so you can see everything at a glance.

Mary Huey said...

Your studio looks lovely, Marelize -- my link today is about my own feeble attempt to tidy up -- hope it looks half as good as yours!!

Carla said...

Your room is so gorgeous! The windows!!!!
Even tho it's small, it sure looks big. Enjoy

Karin Jordan said...

What a lovely studio Marelize! I think I'd have a hard time ever leaving the couch - my studio doesn't have room for a comfy chair. :)

France Nadeau ❅ inspiration imagination creation said...

I love your little quilts on your display wall, particularly the houses and the pincushions! You may have a small display wall, but your windows are certainly big enough to give you lots of natural light. That's even better in my opinion.

Ruth said...

I was going to put my fabric on a dresser to be able to see it better and know what I had and where there were gaps but as I was taking downt he books currently residing there I noticed the sun damage to the covers, they went back on the shelf and my fabric went back in the plastic boxes. I really like your giant shelves solution!

Mary Marcotte said...

You have such a pretty, comfy studio! Those fabulous windows! And you've done a great job of personalizing it with color and happiness.

Lou Lou Girls said...

Hello cute lady! I love your party! Thanks for hosting. Please come and party with us tonight at 7 pm. We would love to see what you have been working on. http://loulougirls.blogspot.com
Happy Labor Day! Lou Lou Girls

Val's Quilting Studio said...

Oh your sewing space looks so cozy and comfy. Thank for sharing...as I always love getting peek into other's sewing spaces. Glad your blogging break was rejuvenating.

Michelle said...

Your sewing space is beautiful. It looks so bright and inviting. I love the little space you did get to decorate with mini quilts.

Diana @ Red Delicious Life said...

Love your sewing studio. So inviting and cheery. I don't have drawers of any sort for my fabric so it's all on shelves, but I keep it out of sunlight as much as possible. Hope that's good enough.

FlourishingPalms said...

It's always fun to see someone else's sewing room, and yours looks charming. Sure understand about not wanting to leave your fabric out. We had UV film put on my sewing room windows to help with that, AND I store all my fabric in a cabinet. You're right that it's not as pretty, but it's smarter. Thanks for sharing a little of your creative space. The personal wall looks really interesting.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...